Family Cabins on a working ranch. On Grid, there are four cabins available w/air-conditioning/heat, price includes access to the lodge and bathhouse, miles of hiking trails and peace and quiet. Off Grid we have one very private cabin available, this cabin is solar powered, there are lights, wood stove with hot water heater, futon bunk-bed and a loft with two twin beds. Price includes firewood for stove, outhouse, seclusion from the camp, miles of trails and scenic views.
Group Cabins on a working ranch. Room for 19 and 14 in our two group cabins. Price includes access to the lodge and bathhouse, miles of hiking trails and peace and quiet. Contact us for more information
Camp Brown Bear is a not for profit 501c3 camp to help veterans suffering from PTSD/TBI and middle school aged boys from fatherless and disadvantaged homes. All campers expenses are paid for by donations and/or grants. To donate click the button below. Any amount will make a difference. All donations are tax deductible on current year taxes. Proceeds from Kodiak Camps and Outfitters help fund Camp Brown Bear.
***Coming Soon: A-la-cart camping, we will have all the gear needed to camp for rent, and we can teach you how to use the equipment. Whether a beginner or seasoned camper don't worry about packing or purchasing equipment to stay at Kodiak Camps and Outfitters we have tents, sleeping bags, ground pads, stoves, backpacks and more.
General Rules for use:
Under Kentucky law, there is no liability for an injury to or death of a participant in an agritourism activity conducted at this agritourism location if the injury or death results exclusively from the inherent risks of the agritourism activity and in the absence of negligence. You are assuming the risk of participating in this agritourism activity. KRS 247.800-247.810
- If you are staying at a campground, you must camp only in those places specifically provided or marked.
- All vehicles, RVs, and trailers must be parked on your campsite or driveway. Driving or parking off road is not permitted.
- Quiet hours are between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. Please be considerate of others
- The number of camping units per campsite varies and is set by Kodiak Camps and Outfitters staff.
- Help prevent pollution by keeping garbage, litter, and foreign substances out of ponds, streams, and other waters.
- All garbage and litter must either be deposited in containers provided, or taken with you when you leave.
- Wood may be brought in with the camping party.
- Campers may also collect dead and down wood found around camp site for campfire. Do not use green or live trees.
- Wood may be purchased at the lodge.
- Obey any restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Within campgrounds and other recreation areas, fires may only be built in fire rings, stoves, grills, or fireplaces provided for that purpose.
- Be sure your fire is completely extinguished before leaving. Do not leave your fire unattended. You are responsible for keeping fires under control.
- Drivers must obey all traffic signs and operate their vehicles in accordance with posted regulations, and applicable Federal, State and local laws.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas only.
- Use of vehicles within campgrounds and other recreation areas is limited to entering or leaving those areas.
Pets and Animals
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash at all times while in developed recreation areas.
- Pets are not allowed in sanitary facilities. Service animals only allowed
- Saddle or pack animals are only allowed where authorized by posted instructions.
- Use of fireworks or other explosives within campgrounds and other recreation areas is prohibited.
- Leave natural areas the way you find them.
- Do not carve, chop, cut and damage any live trees.